Friday 8 June 2012

It's Official

Picture
Today I officially became on Artist.

A strange thing to say or perhaps believe, I know. But standing up and declaring "I am and Artist" never really sat comfortably with me. Who gives me the right to claim these things out loud.    What has been a common debate in our house and the question has been asked often "when will you become or feel like a real Artist?" And my reply has always been "when I sell my first piece". I think it's been my own private measure.

So I am happy to say that this morning I got to drop off this sweet little piece and I received the cash in hand. On the way home, I got a little emotional about it because it held so much personal meaning to me. So to me, today I became my own real Artist. And I am celebrating inside. My family know how long and personal this road has been for me. I am excited to say I have more commissions in my pipeline... #happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment