Tuesday 26 June 2012

I woke up this morning with a painting in my heart...

I forfeited my usual gym class and food this morning and got straight to painting... I had a brilliant session in my studio as this sweet little English rose flowed out of my brush... Meet Annie. 

She isn't finished yet but she's coming alive.  Still have some more layers to do and tweek a bit here and there.  But she's delightfully simple but the canvas is busy.  I prepped this canvas weeks ago as I wanted to use it as an experiment.  It is long and thin 24"x12" and I wanted to include a body on one of my girls.  When she's finished, I will share a full length picture of her.
Now let me get some food into my body before I keel over and get my running shoes on and hit the road for some fresh air...

It's been a beautiful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment