Monday 25 March 2013

My news in pictures... Great start to the week!

Monday 'mazingness...
I asked my sweet friend Jenny Lee - if I could buy one of her prints for my friend
Melody... who loves Jenny's work and had been admiring one of the pieces
that Jenny gave me in Italy.

Jenny kindly sent me a print for Mel as a gift... 
she also slipped in some extra treats for me and Mel.
I am so blown away...  So can't wait to frame mine up!!!
Thank you beautiful Jenny!

I know you, like me, value how precious it is to know your work is on the other side
of the world in someone else's home... telling a beautiful story!

Another Monday 'mazingness
Wow I am so completely blown away... 
My SisterLove painting was purchased from my Website today.
I am so touched and so completely thrilled that this
sweet piece has found a special home!
She get's shipped tomorrow to live in the USA

Thank you!!!


We have 2 days left of school for term 1 and I have both my girls reports.  And this Mom is suitably happy!!  It's been a fast paced term, with extra murals, adjusting to new schedules and homework demands.  We are feeling pretty exhausted!!!  Partly because we haven't gone on holiday for over 2 years... 2010 was our last family trip!  The last few years have been tough. So going away has been huge on our priority list.


So grateful that we will have this time away... we leave on Thursday for Moonshine - it's one of my most favorite spots on earth!  It's visually beautiful, organic and artistic... all of the things that matter to me.  But mostly, I think what makes this place so special for us - is the most incredible memories we have made there... so we keep going back to make more precious ones.  Our budget will be tight so nothing fancy on this trip but just rest... and lots of it!  Which right now is a precious commodity for us.  Planning on spending lots of time on the veranda or on the bench under the tree... reading, sleeping, painting, playing board games and the highlight will be sharing special meal times together.  The excitement in our house is tangible... and the packing has started!

 This week I'm happy to say that my hubby traded in his JHB city slicker car (the one I never liked) for a new American adventurous car... a Jeep.  Which now totally suits his adventurous lifestyle as a cyclist, mountaineer, climber and surfer.  Again... this wife is suitable happy!!!


So I haven't been running for the past 2 weeks... after my two long races, my hips have been so tight.  I've also been working on a new nutritional program with a doctor, focusing on Metabolic Balance which I have chosen mainly for health reasons.  It requires me to hang up my shoes for a bit... something I find hard to do but enjoying the downtime.  Our holiday will be many hours surfing and walking which I am really look forward to doing something different.

 Around Mid-April my winter running regime will begin.  I love running in winter because it's cooler and I don't tend to overheat as much as I do in summer.

We have had a glorious summer but Autumn is definitely in the air and that chilly wind has been blowing and I know our warm days are numbered.  Most people don't enjoy winter in Cape Town but I really do.  The set in soft rain completely appeals to me and looking so forward to long weekends in front of the fire.

Have a wonderful week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment