Sunday 24 March 2013

#InMyStudio - Working Hard...

So I made a lot of progress this weekend on my Artful Gathering... I woke up on Saturday morning at 4.30am - I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up to work but couldn't connect, so I started painting instead... My hubby left for a racing event so I had the house quietly to myself, while the girls slept in.  I love the silence of the early mornings.  And I adore this time to paint.  I had the best time!  Some of these little ladies, I am completely in love with...


I love this sweet girl with the birdie on her head... 
I feel I have had such breakthrough with my mouths, face shapes and shadows...
Feeling so stoked about that.


Almost finished these two girls on the left... their skin is still a bit dark but when this layer is dry, I will do more layers and highlights.  I love how their flowrs in their hair turned out.

The little lady in the pink dress or nighty...
 I think might be one of the most endearing little lady to me.
I love the roses on her dress top and sleeve and her face is so sweet.

That being said - I do love all of them and all have something unique that I love.

I only have one lady left to do... she's on the far right and can't see her in this pic.  Also want to finish including some of the hands and arms.  Really can't wait to finish this piece.

I have had such lovely responses to this painting... that took me so by surprise.
A lovely lady from the US contacted me this week about buying this piece... whether or not that actually happens, the gesture completely touched my heart.  The support really helped affirm me this week in my ability as an artist... so grateful for the gesture!
I think in reality as artists those thoughts and frustrations can be our constant companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment