Monday 18 March 2013

#InMyStudio... Baby steps...

Laying down the napkins (Thank you Heather)
On Saturday I met with the lovely Heather who lives up the road from me.  We met on Facebook and via Sharon Tomilson.  We both did the Face to Face (Misty's Workshop) and she's already completed a Diary of Faces (Sharon's Workshop).  Sweet Heather came bearing gifts of beautiful napkins... talk about perfect timing... now I had beautiful napkins for my Ladies dresses.  Playing with napkins is new to me but I am enjoying it very much.  Thank you Heather... how wonderful that you will be part of this painting too... it's ending up being quite a collaboration... 
(Annie, Heather, Sharon... just to name a few).

It is an "Artful Gathering" after all... maybe in more ways than one...

Softening the bold lines and colors.
More layers going down.
Feeling a tad overwhelmed by all the colors and that it might be a bit too busy or two bold... but I am hoping doing a more solid background will help bring them all together and tone it down a little. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased you were able to use the napkins they look wonderful. Really love what you have done here. I have never done multiple figures, will have to try some time. Love those birds joining in with all the chatter at the gathering!! I need to do my postcard soonest to get it in the post. You take care and please get some sleep! Lots of love. Heather

    ReplyDelete