Friday 22 March 2013

#InMyStudio - Friendship/Sisterlove finished...

Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than finishing off pieces... and as you know, it's something I work very hard to do... because I can easily get distracted near the end.  Get distracted by new more exciting prospects... But the past year I have worked so hard to break that pattern.  So I am happy to say this sweet piece is finished.  I let it stand for a week or so while I contemplated the background... I kind of had an idea of what I wanted to do but wasn't sure number 1, how it would turn out and number 2, how I was going to do it.  To me the background can be as important as the painting itself... and can sometimes take me longer too.  But once I started we flowed to the end... and as I was working those little squares around and around, I got a stamp idea for the circle... Misty had used a piece of wallpaper to wrap up the one painting I bought from her and I cut out a piece of it and used it as a stamp... and I loved it!!!  To me, it seriously completed this piece...  So stoked!

Now I can work at finishing my Artful Gathering piece... I left it to dry for a few days...  Hoping to finish this special piece this weekend.

16"x20" Canvas Board - SisterLove / Friendship

2 comments: