Friday 1 March 2013

News Flashes...

I haven't been blogging too regularly because life has been so demanding but as demanding as it's been, I am feeling excited and my energy levels have been good.  I have been waking up early most mornings either to run, or to steal moments to paint before life happens... we have been trying to make the most of the afternoons that we are stuck in our car waiting for extra murals to finish.  The girls extra murals alternate each day... so I get to have a little buddy with me during the waits...



This week we managed to finish our yearly dentist visits.  I have been working on a commission that will be shipped overseas so working to a bit of a deadline, I squeezed in two good runs and tapering for my long run on Sunday.  I picked up my running number and I've been so gripped with excitement.


This week we finished our tutorials from FacetoFaceWorkshop and although that is filled with bitter/sweet emotions, I know I have a road ahead of me of homework and assignments but it's feeling so good... I am so stoked that I have seen this through.  I have gained and learnt so much and being part of an incredible group of artists, has been such a highlight and will see me through the year, for sure. And of course having Misty in my home (via cyberspace) has been incredible.  I also met some fabulous SA artists on the course as well as some old buddies from previous courses.  It's been an incredible journey.  I have also spent a week sourcing some really hard to find art supplies in this country and that's always exciting for me!!!!  One day I'm going to open that art shop!

I love receiving post esp. from friends overseas... And my package arrived from the very gifted Sharon Tomilson, I ordered another print.  A little treat I am giving myself every month is to build my collection and support other artists that I admire and respect.  Sweet Sharon shared some incredibly beautiful napkins with me... she's such a sweetheart.  She taught me how to use them in Italy.  Happy to say most of my International/local post-outs have also been received... I Love it!


It's Friday and in my family, Friday is the highlight of our week.  It's the start of the weekend!  We are all coming down from a busy time and we love being home and love being together.  We usually do a special dinner and watch movies or just be together.  And I usually catch up on my painting... I am trying to finish this sweet commission... so on that note, let me head off to do just that....

Happy Weekend Folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment