Thursday 7 March 2013

Introspection...

I decided to have a quiet and slow week this week, no time in the studio and no time running.  I missed both terribly but I purposefully forced myself to do neither.  I have been nothing short of exhausted this week.  I am sure as a result of my half marathon and also all the work we were doing on FacetoFace.  So I spent this week going to bed early, sleeping in a little (no 5am wake up calls) and just being gentle on myself.  Spent sometime thinking about a few things.  Have loved the quiet introspective time.

So this week besides the usual routine, I did some weight lifting instead of running and I spent some time updating my website, Etsy Shop and blog.  I changed all the design work... simply because I can.  I think change can be wonderful and refreshing!  So I will see how I feel about them over the next few days...



I have been thinking so much about this quote.  Misty shared this quote on her FaceBook... and it's so relevant in our world at the moment where we are facing violence, gender violence, violence against children, youths being violent and gun violence like never before.  It has been a hot topic in SA at the moment, but I know this is not unique to any of us throughout the world... Definitely food for thought!!!! If each of us could just TRY spread compassion into each others hearts... Maybe that's a start... Without sounding completely cliched! How do we do that in the practical. I am not sure yet... I am thinking a lot about it though... 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got some time to rest and get rejuvenated. Sorry that you've been feeling exhausted!

    ReplyDelete