Wednesday 13 March 2013

You've got mail...

Well nothing makes my heart happier than receiving mail... the old fashioned way. Esp when I don't except it and even more when I do... it's like holding my breath for sweet treasures.
And today look what I received in the Mail...


an absolutely stunning Original Artworks from Betty Wilkins (aka as BettyfromTexas)
I am so blown away and I am shocked beyond words and a little emotional.

Betty and I started chatting online and on Instagram before I went to Italy last year and she knew Sharon Tomilson.  Betty together with Sharon are the reason why I signed up for a Diary of Faces... (Sharon's online courses) which I will continue through the year and hopefully sign up for the part 2 too.  Not only is she an incredible artist but also a wonderful encourager and uplifter, not only to me but to other artists too.
This is a tribute you to you Betty.  Seriously, thank you!

When I got back from Italy, I was seriously challenged by generosity... that I experienced from my fellow artists in Italy and still continue to experience.
I knew without a doubt it was more how I wanted to be... especially around my art.

Since I got back from Italy, I have been working hard on getting my prints up and running, together with trying to lock down my postcards and my little Online Shop.  I have been slowly rolling out mailing special people prints as gifts.  It's been a lengthy process and every month I get to do a few on the list... as shipping costs are heavy on us from SA and I have a budget...  I know it will take me time to work through my list but I'm loving every minute of it.  A few weeks ago I sent some things to Sweet Betty but I would never have expected or known that I would in return receive such a gift of generosity.
I will cherish this with my whole heart!

My Betty Artwork will be going up in my room among my collection of Sharon Tomilson, Jenny Wentworth, Joanne Rose and Misty Mawn pieces to just name a few... I am growing my collection and there are many more fabulous artists I would love to still acquire pieces from but today was a nice big tick next to one of my fav fellow artist...

Still so blown over by such kindness and generosity!

4 comments:

  1. I am so flattered, Jeannie!! So very honored by your beautiful words! Thank you, my sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What generosity between artists - i love this community you are part of. This painting is absolutely beautiful and will sit just perfectly with your other treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks little buddy. I have been wanting to tell you all week. Been so special!!!!

      Delete