Saturday 16 March 2013

#InMyStudio... "Artful Gathering"

Artful Gathering... 20"x30" Canvas Board
I have been struggling for a name for this piece but Annie Hamman helped me come up with this wonderful name "Artful Gathering"... and it's so perfect!!! Because some of the ladies I have used here, I used my previous paintings as references... And it's like they have all come together in this piece... and I just love that!

I started painting late last night because we had a school function and once I started, I just couldn't stop... I crawled into bed a little broken around 3am... but with a very contented heart!

Up close and personal... 

8 comments:

  1. It looks so lovely and the name is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Camilla... Will keep you posted!

      Delete
  2. It's so exciting watching this unfurl! Perfect name, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. J, this piece is inspired - a culmination of the year passed. I really love it and am in awe of your skill as an artist - not just the image but the emotions evoked from this image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend... Can't tell you how much that means to me... ❤❤❤

      Delete
  4. It's going to be dramatic! A great name too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Sharon. After my marathon painting session on Friday night.... I had no energy to do much more on this piece this weekend. But will keep pushing thru this week. ❤❤❤

      Delete